Scientific Support Services Ltd based in Alton Hampshire has been supplying high quality laboratory instrumentation and after sales support services throughout the UK and Ireland for nearly 25 years.
The company was founded in 1994 by Keith Gosden, he was initially providing after sales support for customers of Hewlett Packard, Analytical Group. The product range he supported included the full range of Gas Chromatographs, High Pressure Liquid Chromatographs and Mass Spectrometers, covering the South and South-West of England region. This division of Hewlett Packard was later to become Agilent Technologies, Chemical Analysis Group. SSS business continued to expand by adding customer training and consultancy to its after sales care.
In 1995 SSS was appointed the UK and Ireland after sales support provider for AC Analytical Controls, Rotterdam, now part of PAC. The range of products from AC include some of the most advanced and complex chromatography solutions on the market. This successful long term relationship has led to SSS becoming experts in the application of Gas Phase Chromatography in the Oil and Gas Industry. SSS and it's field services engineers deliver installation, breakdown service, preventative maintenance, performance verification, and on-site customer training. SSS also supply service parts and consumables for the full range of products from AC.
Today SSS has expanded it's product portfolio to include the sales and support of a range of laboratory instrumentation from some of the world's most innovative manufacturers:
- AC Analytical Controls by PAC Chromatography solutions include Reformulyzer M4, Simulated Distillation, Detailed Hydrocarbon Analysis, Refinery and Natural Gas Analysis
- Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions liquefied Gas Injector, a chromatography solution for LPG residues and contaminents in C3 and C4 streams, also a hydrogen smart sensor for addressing the safety issues when using hydrogen in a Gas chromatograph
- XOS supply a range of XRF analyzers for the Petroleum industry including the Sindie 7039, 2622, OTG, Clora, Phoebe, Signal and HD Maxine, 2622, OTG, Clora, Phoebe, Signal and HD Maxine
- KRUESS Optronic providers of high quality Optical laboratory instrumentation including Density Meters, Polarimeters, Refractometers, Flame Photometers, Modified Atmosphere Tester and Melting Point Meters
- AlyTech have developed a family of gas and liquid dilution/mixing devices for producing gas calibration standards for multi point calibration and many other applications
- FDGSi offer a full range of Laboratory Gas Generators including Hydrogen, Nitrogen and Zero Air
Some of our customers
SSS has a customer base which includes many of the major corporations, universities and hospitals across a wide range of industires. Our customers include Shell, Ineos, Total, Valero, ITS Intertek, SGS, NPL Teddington, National Health Service, Environment Agency, International Flavours and Fragrances and many others.
Scientific Support Services Ltd operates a quality management system which complies with the requirements of ISO 9001-2015 for "the sale and service of analytical scientific instrumentation and the provision of associated training and consultancy services"