PAC AC Analytical Controls and Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions offer a wide range of Gas Phase Chromatography solutions for the petroleum, petrochemical & natural gas industries.
AC Analytical Controls® is the recognized leader in specialty chromatography analyzer solutions for petroleum, petrochemical and refinery, gas and natural gas analysis markets. AC's analytical innovations have defined instrumentation standards since 1981 across the entire spectrum of hydrocarbon-based product streams, including gasoline, naphtha, crude oil, residues, and various gaseous products such as natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
- Reformulyzer® a popular gas chromatography (GC) solution that incorporates multiple international standard test methods
- SIMDIS a suite of SIMDIS capabilities, including the High Temperature SIMDIS, the DHASIMDIS Crude Oil Software merge principle, and the CNS SIMDIS for Crude Oil
- HiSpeed RGA a high-speed solution that determines and reports the composition of refinery gas streams in minutes
- DHA a unique combi system that accommodates the analysis of both light petroleum streams and the light end in crude oil
AC solutions meet requirements of specific testing applications that are globally approved by ASTM, CEN, DIN, ISO, and other standardization organizations.
Setting the Standard
As a highly experienced global provider of gas chromatography systems, AC combines industry-proven gas chromatographs with decades of industry-specific application knowledge to provide the best solutions to meet the toughest customer challenges. AC is also a recognized partner for any custom-engineered GC solution. Every unique solution is designed, built, tested, and commissioned to exceed customer requirements.
For more information please visit our products catalogue at: AC Analytical Controls by PAC
The Liquefied Gas Injector (LGI) developed by Da Vinci Laboratory Solutions in close cooperation with Shell Global Solutions offers a safe, fast and accurate GC method for the complex analysis of oily residues and contaminants in C3 and C4 streams. This method was introduced in 2010 and has now been approved as ASTM D7756-13 and EN 16423 for the oily residues analysis in LPG by GC.
The LGI method incorporates a direct, on-column LPG injection through an innovative large volume high pressure liquid sampling technique. The direct injection approach includes the proven fuel direct injection technique used by the automotive industry to inject fuel into the automotive engine combustion chamber.
The LGI is configured on top of the GC and consists of a high pressure injection valve connected to an injection needle. The LGI pressure station delivers a constant pressure of liquid sample, this allows for a representative and repeatable amount of the sample to be introduced. The sample container is installed on the front side of the pressure station and is pressurized to 25 bar. The waste sample is vented to a central waste system. The controller box on top of the GC drives the injection cycling.
On February 1, 2013 the DVLS R&D team received the CE award for the design of the Liquefied Gas Injector. The CE award is granted by DARE!! the Dutch consultancy agency that performs measurements and investigations in the framework of CE Marking, FCC and Automotive.
Liquefied Gas Injector benefits:
- GC alternative for the labour intensive ASTM D2158, EN 15470, EN 15471 & ISO 13757 methods
- Approved as ASTM D7756-13 and EN 16423
- High pressure large volume injection
- Safe and efficient design
- Proven technology for high pressure injection
- Fast analysis time of < 30 minutes
- Detection limits of <1 mg/kg for individual components in liquefied gases
- Flexible sample size, micro-second range up to 250 mS (large volume)
- Oily residue analysis range of 10 - 600 mg/kg